Welcome to the Illinois Chapter
Illinois Chapter (est. 2001)
Represents Case Management nurse and social work professionals who reside or work in Illinois.
Yearly Dues: None
2016 CHAPTER OF EXCELLENCE
The Chapter of Excellence program defines outstanding chapter performance by outlining the standards of practice for optimal chapter operation. Chapters achieve these awards by demonstrating performance in the key areas of chapter operations and attaining specific growth and development benchmarks.
Advice given by Candice Krill, Illinois Chapter President, "Send in the required documents early so everything can be double checked. Review the Quick Checklist in the Chapter Manual often and anticipate what will be due in the next quarter. The heavy lift for document submission is in February so involve the entire Board of Directors so there are many eys on the checklist and the list of documents."
Check back soon for information concerning the 2017 Illinois Chapter Conference!
March CE Event - Elmhurst Memorial Hospital
Elmhurst Memorial Hospital
Main Campus - East Entrance - Conf Center - Lower Level
155 E. Brush Hill Rd, Elmhurst, IL 60126
Saturday, March 11, 2017
9am Presentation Starts
12:30pm last Presentation
$35 for Non-Members
ACMA Members – FREE
Registration Dead Line:
March 9, 2017
Call Sharon Holiday 312-942-8181 or email preferred email@example.com
Parag Shah, MD, MPH – Medical Director, Chronic Illness Transition Program
“Transition from Pediatrics to Adult Care: Supporting the Patient and the Family”
- Express the formal definition of “Transition to Adult Care”
- Describe some facilitators of good transition practices
- List some resources available to help families and providers plan for transition to adult care
Julie Glendenning, MSN, RN, ANP-BC, CHPN, WCC, VP Learning and Development, JourneyCare
“Cultural Considerations at the End of Life”
- Define cultural competency
- Understand the components of a cultural assessment.
- Identify three cultures and six faiths, and review end-of-life rituals
Jeffrey Solotoroff, LCSW
Social Work/Care Management, NorthShore University Health System-Skokie Hospital
“Working with Difficult Family Situations: Challenges and Opportunities”
- Early identification of challenging situations involving family members
- Learn strategies for resolving family-related conflict
- Identify self-triggers that impede effective work with families
National in Washington DC next April 2017
Save the Date for the 2017 ACMA National Conference: April 20, 2017 - April 23, 2017
The ACMA National Conference will be held in Washington DC at the Gaylord National Resort.
Watch the ACAM website for more information soon!